Naked 2 Palette Dupe! MUA Undress Me Too v Urban Decay Naked 2

Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette Dupe!
MUA Undress Me Too.





< These are the names of the shadows in the MUA Undress Me Too palette.





The other day I managed to discover a drugstore/highstreet dupe for the Naked 2 Palette by Urban Decay. It is the MUA (Make Up Academy) 'Undress Me Too' Palette, which is only £4 compared to the Naked 2 which retails at £36!
I discovered this completely by accident - I was in Superdrug and loved the look of the MUA palette so I bought it, it wasn't until the other day when I was swatching both palettes that I realised that they are almost exactly the same..

(Naked 2 shadows on the left, Undress Me Too on the right).

As you can see from the swatches above, the colours are nearly exactly the same. The only significant difference that I've found between the two is that the Naked 2 shadows are much more pigmented than those in the MUA palette. Also, the Undress Me Too shadows are quite crumbly and you can definitely see the difference between the quality of the two palettes.
However, that being said the shadows in the MUA palette are definitely still usable and considering the palette's only £4 it doesn't really matter that the pigmentation and consistency of the shadows are different. 

(Urban Decay Naked 2 at the top, MUA Undress Me Too underneath)

There is pretty much no difference between Half Naked and Devotion (MUA palette), whereas Shy (MUA) is quite a bit lighter than Bootycall and it has slightly less of a pink-y undertone.

Tease and Lavish (MUA) are exactly the same, there's no difference in colour between them at all. Chopper and Fiery (MUA) are pretty much the same except Fiery is a little lighter and has slightly more gold undertones in it. There is definitely a difference between Snakebite and Dreamy (MUA) - Snakebite is darker and less shimmery (which makes it easier to use in the crease).


One thing I would say about the MUA Palette is that the consistency of Corrupt (The black MUA shadow) is horrible - it's really rough and crumbly and virtually unusable. 

If you're on a budget or can't bring yourself to splash out £36 on the Naked 2 palette, then go to Superdrug and pick up Undress Me Too - the colours are pretty much exactly the same and Naked 2 is 9x the price.. I probably wouldn't have bought my Naked 2 had I known there was such a close dupe for it!
However I'm glad I have my Naked 2 palette because the pigmentation of the shadows is much better and they are much higher quality, and this is quite an important quality for me.

I hope this was helpful, and let us know if you know of any highstreet/drugstore dupes for high-end products!

M xxx


2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much!!! I really don't have much money to spend on a Naked 2 Palette and this review helped me a lot!! Thank you for reviewing this! I really loved it!! ((:

    ReplyDelete