MAC Brush Cleanser Review

I've been wanting to purchase this brush cleanser for while now but kept putting it off, so I finally bit the bullet and bought it a week or so ago. It's safe to say that I'm now hooked, so I thought I'd do a review for you all!






I deep clean my make-up brushes every couple of weeks using Johnson's Baby Shampoo, but I do have a fair amount of brushes so I find it quite a tedious task. So I went on the hunt for a product to spot clean my brushes; before this one I'd only ever tried one from Amazon which worked, but it was only 150ml and I noticed that it was slightly drying out my brushes. 
So anyway after reading loads of rave reviews about this I finally decided to buy it and I'm so happy I did! The brush cleanser retails at £10 and you can purchase it from any MAC store or online here (or here). You get 235ml which makes it pretty inexpensive for the amount of product that you get. This cleanser's amazing for when you're in a rush and need to clean your brushes fast, or if you need to use a different colour on the same brush as it dries almost instantly.





Mac suggests that you apply the cleanser to damp brushes and rinse afterwards; however I don't actually do it this way. Instead I pour a few drops onto a couple of sheets of kitchen towel and swirl my brush around until it's clean, and then wait for it to dry (which literally takes about 10-15 seconds). It works just as well, if not better, and its a lot quicker. Depending on how much product is on your brush, you'll have to re-dip it in the product several times.


You're left with perfectly clean brushes (and a very dirty sheet of kitchen towel), in about a minute!
The only thing that would make this that much better is if the bottle came with a spray lid, but thats about the only negative thing I have to say about it!
Overall, I love this brush cleaner and would 100% recommend it to anyone.


Have you tried this brush cleanser? Or used any others that are good? Let us know!

M x




0 comments: